Some good friends from our Sunday school class had a farm day for us on Saturday. Jason's parents live about 45 minutes outside of Raleigh on a farm and his parents graciously allowed our Sunday school class to their home to experience a little bit of farm life. It was SO. MUCH. FUN.
Caitlin arranged to have a great lunch for us, of course. There was much to do and see for the kids and the grown-ups!
When we first got to the farm we went out to the field and picked some peas. The kids LOVED picking peas, and they actually did a pretty good job knowing which ones were to be picked and which ones weren't good anymore. I imagine it was much easier for them to pick, less bending over than us, haha!
Grace Elizabeth caught right on and was on a mission. She enjoyed the picking but could have done without the dirt...she's her mother's daughter that's for sure!!
Eleanor of course had a blast too...
...but eventually Caleb decided she would do better in the backpack carrier. She loves that thing, so does he. Sometimes he wants to use it to walk around the mall or Target or something, but I said I would be embarrassed....that's another story for another day.
Grace Elizabeth, along with the other kids, were hard workers. We had several buckets of peas.
After the fields were gleaned and the kids were good and sweaty we headed to check out Jason's parent's tractors. This was a highlight for everyone. Each child was able to sit on the tractor and "drive".
I could eat. her. up. My goodness.
Grace Elizabeth had a few of her friends there to play with. She loved hanging out with them, but I'm not gonna lie...she was more interested in sitting in the shade, drinking her water and waiting for lunch to be ready. Again...that's her mother's daughter for sure.
When Grace Elizabeth gets into large groups like that she tends to shy away a little and hang back from the crowd. She gets that from her daddy. There is nothing wrong with being a little shy and certainly nothing wrong with being calm, but we are excited to see her come out of her shell a little bit in these larger groups and are confident that will come with age, and preschool.
My loves enjoying some shade and hydration.
Check out these watermelons. I think someone said Jason and his dad picked them just that morning!
It was a really awesome experience for all us city-kids to get out and enjoy the country with our friends and have such a sweet time of fellowship.
Thank you so very much Glover family for welcoming us into your home and showing us your farm. It was an absolute blast.
2 comments:
I enjoyed the photos and the back story. Eleanor certainly has grown since our trip to the pumpkin farm...she can hold her own with a watermelon! You also learned a new word of the day: GLEANED. Now I suppose GraceE the Dictionary will explain the meaning the next time I see her!
What a great recap Laura! Such a fun day!
Post a Comment